US Soccer Mandatory Training
US Soccer and the State Referee Program has mandated that every referee 18 years of age and older must complete the SafeSport training. You are required to complete this training no later than October 1 of this year. There is no cost associated with this training.
If you will be turning 18 between October 2nd this year and June 30th of next year, you will have 30 days after you turn 18 to complete the SafeSport training.
SafeSport is the Olympic community’s initiative to recognize, reduce and respond to misconduct in sport. This online course will educate you on the common risk factors in sport and suggest ways to protect all athletes within our program.
This training has 3 units:
UNIT 1: MISCONDUCT AWARENESS AND EDUCATION
UNIT 2: MANDATORY REPORTING
UNIT 3: PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL MISCONDUCT
The training consists of videos, interactive scenarios, slides and unit pre and post-test questions. On average the training takes 2 hours to complete.
Users will need to login with their account information (if you already have a SafeSport account) or register to create an account. During the account creation, you will need to add U.S. Soccer to your membership if it does not automatically populate the field for you.
The below instructions for how to access the training can also be found at the US Soccer link here: US Soccer App Box
- Click this link to get started - SafeSport.org Training. US Soccer should be prefilled for the organization on the Add Membership page.
- Enter Access Code YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M3 (you can copy and paste the code).
- Register for your account/profile
- Name – same as referee registration
- Email Address – same as referee registration
- Create a password then confirm password (must me at least 8 characters).
- Address – same as referee registration
- SafeSport will send an email to the account you used to register. Click the link to activate your account.
- Sign into your account; then click on the training video link.
- The training takes approximately 2 hours to complete; users can complete the course in more than one sitting (if necessary). Your spot will be saved so you can come back and finish the training.
When you successfully complete training, you will receive a “SafeSport Trained” certificate. The SafeSport system will also save an electronic version of the certificate. In some instances if the certificate isn’t properly transferred to US Soccer, you may need to upload a copy of your certificate to US Soccer’s site.
If you do not complete this training by October 1, you will no longer be licensed by US Soccer for the current year.