Links on Right
Login for Arbiter
Referee Contact and Information Form
View Schedule and Accepting Games
Help with Arbiter Login
How to update your availability in Arbiter
Submitting Game reports
Updating your email information in Arbiter
Viewing Your Schedule
- Sign in to your ArbiterSports account as an official
- Click on the Schedule tab
Your schedule page has four main views, which can be selected by clicking on the corresponding view in the Display menu, located on the left side of the schedule page. The primary view we will cover is the list view.
- List View – Arbiter’s default view, which displays the games in list order, usually sorted by Date & Time.
- View By Day – Displays game information for a specific day. To toggle forward and backward through days, click the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, located just above the day information.
- View By Week – Displays a seven-day schedule, starting on Sunday, and ending on Saturday. Use the Scale box to designate the divisions between times in the rows box (30 min, 15 min, 60 min, etc.). To toggle forward and backward through weeks, click the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, located just about the week information.
- View By Month – Displays a one-month calendar view of upcoming assignments. The month name and year will be displayed in the top center title portion of the calendar. The previous and subsequent months will be displayed to the left and right of the month title, respectively.
List View (Continued)
By default, your list view will include all of your assignments. If you do not see the games you received the notification email about, ensure you have selected the correct filter. The date filter should have "Show All" selected as indicated above. If it does not simply use the drop-down menus to select the date filter "Show All", and then click the “Apply” button on the right hand side. Your list will refresh itself and return games according to the filter you selected.
Viewing Game Information
The List View will display the Game ID, Notes, Assigned Position, Date & Time of Game, its Sport & Level, the Game Site, Home and Away Teams, a Status bar with the "Accept By date", and the Accept or Decline box for published games. To view additional details about the game, click on the Game ID number. This view will let you see the contact information for other officials who are also assigned to the game. You can also click on the site name to bring up directions to the site via Google Maps.
Accepting or Declining Games
- Make sure that you have selected List View from the Display menu on the left side of the page.
- Ensure that the date filter is set to "Show All" and that you have clicked the "Apply" button
- Published games will have an “Accept” and “Decline” box to the far right of the game information.
- Check either the box for “Accept” or the box for “Decline,” depending on which action you wish to take.
- Click any of the “Submit” buttons, located at the top and bottom of the Schedule page. If you do not click the "Submit" button the action will not be taken.
- If you decline an assignment, you are required to enter a comment explaining why you declined the game since the game would not have been assigned if your shedule indicated you were not available.
- Some games are linked together as a set and will only have a singe "Accept" or "Decline". If you can only take 1 or 2 of the assigned games in the set, let me know. In some instances I may be able to work around your schedule.
If you can't sign in, it is most likely due to Invalid Credentials.....or in plain English, the email address and password you entered don't match what Arbiter has on file for you. You'll want to be sure to check both.
EMAIL ADDRESS: Make sure that you are using the email that is associated with your ArbtierSports account. If it has been some time since you logged into Arbitersports and you have changed your email address recently, you may need to use your old email address to log in. Once you get in you will be able to update your email address.
- PASSWORD: If you don't remember your password, just below the sign in area there is a forgot password link. Click on that link and follow the instructions on the following page and Arbiter will send you your password.
Check your password. Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure the CAPS LOCK key is turned off and that you are entering your password exactly as you originally set it up. So if your password was entered as "johnson" you cannot use "JOHNSON" or "Johnson" to log in.
- CONTACT YOUR ASSIGNER: If you are still not able to sign in, contact your assignor ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). The account admin can verify the email address on file (there has been more than one instance of a mistyped email) so that you can recover your password.
It is a rare instance when I will have week night games to assign. For your regular schedule, you only need to block Saturday and Sunday for the season.
After you login, select Blocks from the menu bar.
On the left of the screen under "Action" there are 4 radial buttons. Select "Block All Day" or "Block Partial Day" and click on a calendar day to block those days. By clicking on the month in the upper corners of the calendar you can move between the months to make changes.
Note - Once you have selected any of the radial options (other than View Schedule) that action will make changes on any day you click on the calendar even if you did not intend it to be changed. Ensure you only click the calendar days you want to change if you have one of the three action buttons selected (Block All Day, Block Partial or Clear Blocks). It is easy to make entry mistakes by clicking on the calendar days more than one time.
Description of Action buttons:
View Schedule - with this selected and clicking on the days in the calendar, you can see what has already been blocked (Information about blocks for selected day will show under the calendar)
Block All Day - with this selected and clicking on the days in the calendar, blocks the whole day
Block Partial Day - with this selected and clicking on the days in the calendar, allows you to use the Time Range feature to block certain hours of the day
Clear Blocks - with this selected and clicking on the days in the calendar, will remove blocks from a day (Used if you make a mistake on a particular day or if you are now available on that day and want to remove all blocks).
Colors on the days of the month indicate status:
White/Gray - open all day
Red - Block all day (not available)
Light Red - Partial day block (can't work hours selected i.e - selecting 8AM to 12PM would block the morning allowing afternoon games to be assigned)
Block All Day:
If you need to block a whole day that is currently open (white or gray on calendar) -
Select the Block All Day radial button
Click the day on the calendar to block
If you need to block a whole day that already has a partial block (light red on calendar) -
First remove the partial block - ensure the View Schedule radial button is selected
Click on the calendar day
Below the calendar click the red X next to each partial block listed
Now select the Block All Day radial button
Click on the calendar day to block - it should now be red
Block Partial Day:
You are only available from 10AM to 2PM on a particular Saturday -
Select Block Partial Day
In the Time Range set time (8:00 AM to 10:00 AM), then click the day on the calendar to block
In the Time Range now set time (2:00 PM to 6:00 PM), then click the same day
You have now blocked the hours around (10AM to 2PM) and will not receive assignments for those hours.
To verify your blocks, select View Schedule, click on the same day and the current blocks will appear below the calendar.
If your schedule changes and you open up in the afternoon, click the red X next to the blocked time - it will be removed
Remove all Blocks on a day:
If you have created too many blocks on a single day (clicked day by mistake), you just want to reset the day or open the whole day -
Select the Clear Blocks radial button
Click the day on the calendar you want to change, all blocks for that day will be removed and the day will change colors to white or gray
Remove some blocks on a day:
If you need to make a partial change because your availability has changed or remove a partial block you don't need anymore (your availability has changed) -
First, select the View Schedule radial button so you can see what blocks exist
Click the day on the calendar to change
Below the calendar all blocks for that day will now be listed
Click on the red X next to the block you want to remove, if there are multiple that need to be removed repeat by clicking on the next X
If you accept a game as the center referee, you must fill out the on-line game report within Arbiter as well as the League’s online reporting system. To ensure timely reporting, these should be submitted no later than 24 hours following the conclusion of the game. The reports are needed to provide feedback to the Club Executive Board.
If you Caution or Send Off players, coaches or spectators, had player injuries or any other issue with the game include the details within the comments area of the game report in Arbiter.
How to submit a game report in Arbiter:
- Click on the “SCHEDULE” menu
- If you do not see the game officiated, ensure you have checked the "Show All" checkbox on the left under the DISPLAY area. This allows past assignments to appear.
- To the right of the game number is a red "R" (for report) - Click on the "R" and a report form will appear. Look at the game details (time, field, teams) to ensure you are reporting on the correct game.
- Game Status – Leave this on the default selection “Normal”.
- Enter game scores
- If more than one official for a game, select whether the official was on time, late or no show.
- Comment area - If there are no issues you do not need to enter any comments. If there were game issues, then enter information about the game (weather issues, team did not show or not enough players, cards shown). Submit as much detail as necessary to describe the issue.
- Click the “Save Button”
- If there were no issues, then the “R” should now be green to indicate (No Issues) or if you entered comments about the game the “R” will be yellow to indicate (Game Issues). Both green and yellow let you know that the report has been submitted. If the "R" is still red, the report was not saved.
For Recreational games: All teams are listed by district, age group and team number (example: BL_10B01 – is Ben Lomond U10 Boys Team #1). Do not trust the jersey color, verify the team number with the coaches so you can submit a correct report.
For SFL, ODSL, VAPL, etc: Rosters should be provided to you by the coaches. If you did not receive one, ask the coach. Follow league procedures if a roster is not available.
When in doubt, please ask. Send me an email and we can work through it.
Changing your email address is a simple process. However, if you don't do it in the proper sequence, it can affect your permissions.
When you first sign in, you will either see a list of all the groups you are a member of, or if you are only in one group, you will be taken straight into your account.
If you are only in one group:
Click the PROFILE tab.
Change your email address, then click the Save button.
If you are a member of multiple groups:
Remain on the screen that shows all of your groups. Do not sign in to any of them; instead, click the Update My Information link that appears in the "My Account" area to the left.
At this screen, simply change your email address and click Save.